Let’s do this. And then let’s get some sushi.
*Shamrock shakes are back at McDonald’s and are now available at every location. Run out and get one, and get fat…ter. According to USA Today
“The Shamrock Shake weighs in at 540 calories and 16 grams of fat for a small, or 840 calories and 24 grams of fat for a large…”
Awesome. [USA Today]
* A daughter wasn’t supposed to use Facebook and she certainly wasn’t supposed to talk shit about her father while using the social networking site. What’s a parent to do? Well, according to her father, Tommy Jordan, the answer is to murder the laptop. But before you go believing he’s an abusive mad man, Jordan makes an 8 minute video case to his daughter explaining the actions – and where she went wrong. There’s a difference between freedom of speech and a punk, spoiled brat. I’m all for tough love. Unless the daughter worked a part time after school job to purchase that laptop herself, I certainly don’t feel this is any form of abuse. She broke the rules, and I know that if my parents merely took my laptop away and hid it, that I would find it. Nice. [MSNBC]
* So, a few months ago, somebody posted on a Civil War era photo on eBay. The seller pointed out how much the gentleman in said photo resembled Nicholas Cage…and then speculated on the possibility that Cage was, in fact, a vampire. Because apparently vampires can either have sparkly skin or a massively receding hairline. Anyway, in an attempt to stay relevant, Cage brought up this photo while on The Late Show with David Letterman last night. And, no, starring in the next skull-on-fire movie thing isn’t keeping him relevant. [Blastr]
* Every Best Of… List always lacks something, and this tournament for the Best Sitcom Episode Ever is no different. Splitsider is giving fans the opportunity to vote for their favorite of all time, but be prepared to be disappointed. Also, be prepared to totally want to go watch some 80’s and 90’s tv after reading through their list – ooooh, Marge vs The Monorail – Classic! [Splitsider]
* Amy and Rory are leaving us. It’s not up for discussions; it simply has to be accepted. But I am not up for Moffat to tease us with the possibility of a new sidekick. I really liked Rory and Amy, just as I really liked Rose Tyler. If he continues to go through companions like popcorn, we’re going to have to change the The Doctor’s name to the Space Whore. In regards to the Doctor’s 50th anniversary Moffat states “There will be shocks, surprises and heartbreak—the Doctor is about to say goodbye to his very best friends, Amy and Rory…And then he’s about to say hello to someone very different.” Oh, Moffat. This I don’t need. [Blastr]
* I don’t need any more of a complex. I am a chubby-lady-geek. I wear that badge with pride and a crap ton of girly insecurity. It’s what I do, it’s my thing. So, the dude who totally photoshopped classic works of art to have the women featured appear thinner as today’s standards? Oh, he is just begging for me to key his car. Which I imagine is a Douche Mobile. [The Gloss]
* I don’t want an XBox 360. I don’t. I mean, a PS3 makes much more sense…So stop trying to woo me, Lucas Arts! A c3po/Artoo special edition Kinect?! EVIL! [MTV Geek]
* Speaking of Star Wars, a dude made a custom Millennium Falcon guitar. It totally shreds and dodges asteroids. But the coolest thing about it? The little bit are R2-D2 detailin’. Bad Ass to the max! [GeekIsAwesome]
* And, finally, this happened:
Photo credit Blastr
Thank you, and good night!
Be sure to follow me on Twitter @ChicGeekDaily !
It’s Tuesday, which is…just awful. I’m still reeling from the over use of “nude” at the Golden Globes. Half the actresses decided to wear that tragic (not to be confused with tragically hip) color on the run way, and the vast majority of them looked washed out and bland. Way to go. You’re the thinnest, richest people on the planet and you dressed in a color that made you blend in with yourself. Ugh. And this week has barely begun.
Perhaps some Pop Bytes to brighten your day?
A screenwriter for the Hunger Games sequel has been chosen. Catching Fire will be adapted for the silver screen by Simon Beaufoy, who is best known for his Oscar winning work Slumdog Millionaire and 127 Hours. Yes, Hunger Games may be over two months away still, but it’s never too early to start planning for
more money the future. [NYMag]
Photo Credit GuysLitWire
A new US study has shown that wearing headphones is dangerous to your health. Let me summarize: If you’re walking around, you need to pay attention. You are eight times more likely to die walking one mile home than driving it, so if you’ve been drinking always call a cab. Walking around city streets with headphones on is almost as dangerous as drinking. In fact, 55% of those hurt while walking with headphones on were hit by trains. So turn it down, pay attention, and bare in mind that while we all “multitask” our brains can truly only handle one thing at a time. [Guardian]
Cumberbatch needs to get physically fit for JJ Abrams, stating in an interview with MTV he’s been “…working out nonstop…” for his role in the Star Trek sequel. He’s a rather lanky Brit, and Kahn wasn’t known for being super buff so the mystery continues as to who Cunberbatch will be portraying. There are so many movies I’m over the moon for in 2013. It’s going to be a fantastic film year…if the studios live up to the hype. [MTV]
Finally, modern art everyone can enjoy. Gallery1988Melrose in California is hosting an AdultSwim exhibit. The show runs January 13th through February 4th, so get there quick to see your beloved characters featured in a whole new medium. It’s like when George posed on velvet and it became a frat wall must have, only much, much cooler. [DangerousMinds]
Kiersten Essenpreis “Brock Samson & The Neighborhood Stray Cats”, DangerousMinds via Nerdcore.
A woman in LA was arrested on Monday for attempting to sell sexual favors for McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets. Times are really, truly very hard. No pun intended. [LATimes]
Lana Del Rey is some kind of YouTube singing sensation or something, I don’t know. The fact of the matter is, however, that her terrible performance of not one, but two songs on Saturday Night Live this past weekend managed to distract people from Daniel Radcliffe’s own lackluster acting on the famous skit show. [HuffingtonPost]
Karen Gillian, Amy Pond of Doctor Who fame, is leaving the timey wimey franchise, and she’s about as thrilled about it as we, her fans, are. While asked about her characters future, during an interview for her current film We’ll Take Manhatten, Gillan expressed the sad, but mutual decision for the end of her character. And “end” is open to debate, as some rumors hint this may truly be her end. [Blastr]
BuzzFeed asks: Is Bane of the Dark Knight Rises merely a reincarnation of a snazzier Dr. Zoidberg? If you don’t know Zoidberg, then I’m not sure much on ChicGeekDaily is going to interest you. I’m talkin’ ’bout that space bug/monster in sandals that serves as the “physician” for the Planet Express Crew, though he alludes to losing more patients than actually helping them. Though he did save Fry’s life that one time, by sewing his head onto Amy’s shoulder…
Photo Credit BuzzFeed