I am not a Josh Brolin fan. He’s not attractive. He’s never done anything that really intrigued me. I hear he was good in No Country for Old Men, but I didn’t even like him in Goonies. So here we are, at the newest full trailer for Men in Black III. And there he is. BUT he seems to be playing a pretty good ‘young Tommy Lee Jones’. Not necessarily ‘Ewan-McGregor-playing-a-young-Alec-Guiness’ good, but good. Now, to be fair, I’m not a super Will Smith fan, either. No, I watch the Men in Black franchise because I love Tommy Lee Jones and adorable talking alien pugs. Yes, I will probably see Men in Black III in the theaters, but, really, what are movies right now except ways to kill time until The Hobbit comes out? My friend just asked “Did I see MIB 2?”, to which I responded “You tell me: it’s the one when the little pug gets his own black tie and suit – SQUEEEEEE!” See the new trailer for MIB 3 below.
Well, isn’t everyone just hopping on that Game of Thrones bandwagon. Yes, even The Simpsons have taken a turn in a GoT tribute/spinoff with an opening sequence based on the TV sensation that’s based on the books…which I still have to read. Speaking of the television version, however, the first season of Game of Thrones hit stores on DVD today. Take a gander below of The Simpsons opening before Fox removes it from every last corner of the internet.
No, I’m not reading Game of Thrones right now, but know what I am reading? A Princess of Mars, which is, of course, the first book in the John Carter of Mars series. The movie version of this will be hitting theaters on Friday, March 9th, since Hollywood is completely out of original ideas. A new 10 minute clip of John Carter has been released, because Disney has the whole concept of building up hype down to a science. Watch the clip below.
And, finally, if you’re really desperate you can see Lenny Kravitz as Cinna in a new clip from today’s episode of Ellen. Unfortunately, this clip is mere hours old, so it’s hard to find in any decent format, but it can still be watched. Check out Crushable.com for the clip and see Lenny speaking with Ellen about the Hunger Games film below.
For added suspense, check out The Muppets/Hunger Games trailer spoof.
* New Hobbit still to start your Tuesday morning right. Chip the glasses and crack the plates – that’s what Bilbo Baggins hates!
Photo credit to Blastr
* Fox News accused the Muppets of being Communists. Naturally, Kermit and Ms. Piggy staged a press conference to respond to such nonsensical allegations. It goes without saying that they get the last laugh. [MSNBC]
* Moving into our Star Wars segment of the morning, Chris Pratt of Parks and Rec has a lightsaber duel with Darth Vader in a new ad for Kinect. It’s okay. He wasn’t ever my favorite on P&R, but he has grown on me. [AdWeek]
* And a grown ass man decided to attack people in a Toys R Us with lightsabers in Portland, Oregon yesterday. He was practicing to be a Jedi. Because all Jedi’s train in children’s toy stores. It’s where real evil lurks. [MSNBC]
* Moleskine journals were never used by Hemingway. They were created as we know them in the very recent year of 1997, for crap’s sake. And they’re only “legendary” because that’s the advertising word they chose to go with. As opposed to “blank”. That being said, I need to start keeping a journal so I can get my hands on one of these sweeeet Moleskin Lego books. [Wired]
Photo credit Moleskine.com
* Just so that everyone understands, the entire cast of Arrested Development is TOTALLY in for the new season. I feel like this is kind of a moot point. We know they’re all in, we can’t freakin’ wait. Get on with it. [HuffingtonPost]
* A letter from J.R.R.Tolkien recently sold at auction for almost $2700. The letter was to a couple he met while Tolkien was on vacation with his wife. There was a time when people were polite and genuine. You didn’t have to deal with others, you simply got to spend time with them. My how times have changed. Grumble. Grumble. [Blastr]
* Bubbler crabs in Malaysia have been filmed creating little galaxies of sand-and-spit bubbles. It’s all so freakin’ adorable. [Buzzfeed]
* Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein can’t get enough of Rock n’ Roll. The Portlandia duo’s newest music spot: covering DEVO. And it’s awesome, of course. [CoverMeSongs]
* Canadian Skier and X-Games pioneer Sarah Burke passed away recently due to injuries suffered while training on a half-pipe. He untimely death has caused even further scrutiny of the American health care system – or lack thereof. The medical bills incurred due to trying to save her life in an American hospital are expected to reach over $200,000. As so often seen in this corrupt nation, the emotionally debilitating stress of having a sick or dying loved one is compounded by the rest of the family having to lose their home or go into bankruptcy to simply pay medical expenses, even though that individual might be a tax payer or contributing member of society. Had Burke fallen in Canada, her expenses would have been paid. In fact, had she been hurt in almost any other nation with an economy similar to that of the United States’, her medical expenses would have been paid. So, what are we doing here? I for one don’t make much money at all, but I would be happy for my taxes to increase 3+ percent so that I would not have to worry about health care costs or my loved ones needing medical care or my father’s cancer treatment. A charity fund has been set up in Sarah’s name; donations have exceded the expected costs of hospital bills and the remainder will be given to other charities. [MSNBC]
* And, finally, speaking of money, what do the wealthiest of Hollywood Stars do with all of their millions? New York Magazinerecently spoke with “…a high-level Hollywood money manager…” in an attempt to gain perspective on exactly where millions can possibly be spent by one person in a single year. Check out the break down below. It’s just a little infuriating. [NYMag]
Let’s do this, shall we?
The Star Trek sequel is going to be in 3D on May 17th 2013. Yep, 1.5 years away. I personally couldn’t care less for 3D. All my friends who were blown away by Avatar, bought the movie, watched it at home in 2D and discovered the actual movie has a pretty lame plot and story line. Is it necessary? I don’t think so. Will I be seeing both 3D Hobbit and 3D Star Trek sequel? You bet your ass.
There are always great Time Lord gifts floating around on the interwebs. But if you’re really stuck with what to get your Doctor Who fanatic for this holiday season you can find a short list on Blastr. Personally, my favorite Doctor Who gift, other than a personal, driveable Dalec, is the Adipose plush doll. You might remember these adorable, wonky toothed beings as human fat. 1. I would have totally taken that pill; not everyone died. And 2. ADORABLE!
I will go see Tin Tin, but I’d be far more interested if it had less to do with Unicorns and more to do with Taun Tauns.
If you’re like me, then you love Wes Anderson. Here’s every commercial he’s made. My favorite is still the original. “Those are my birds…”
This Flight of the Concords rumor has been going around for years, just like the Arrested Development movie rumor. But now the Arrested Development film is Actually happening! So maybe there’s some true hope for Flights of the Concords. If you need a Concord fix until this is substantiated I highly recommend Gentleman Broncos. It is fantastic.
MTV Geek has posted a list of ten things about the Muppets you probably didn’t know. I’m actually pretty impressed by this.
Speaking of muppets, somebody ranked the top 25 Muppets. I’m a little appalled by this. It’s kind of like ranking your children. Besides, Sir Didymus should be number one and he’s not even on there.
What would a day be without Lego news? Not a day I’d want to experience. Walyou has a posting of my two favorite things combined into one: Lego Celebrities.
A teen told her Governor that he sucked over Twitter and he, as well as her school, is demanding an apology. Get over yourself. Yes, students need to be more politically aware, and perhaps the way she voiced her concerns were not the best, but I let Governor Perry know he’s an ass quite regularly through Twitter due to his corrupt policies and political history. It’s the way it works now. If the big bad governor can’t handle a single punk kid telling him her views, whether or not they had any basis, then he has no place being in politics.
And, finally, the world’s gummiest idiot just got stupider. Miley Cyrus had a Bob Marley birthday cake at her recent celebration and referred to herself as a stoner. Hey, Pumpkin, cry out for attention a little louder, huh? You have a Bob Marley cake ’cause you smoke pot? Not what he was about. Way to mock his Rastafarian faith. It was always my experience in high school that the moron who talked about it the most, did it the least. Also, really? Bob Marley?! I assume that you listen to his music because you, an extremely sheltered and privileged white girl, can relate to his songs. Sure. FYI: No one thinks you’re bad, no one thinks you can’t be tamed, and most importantly, no body cares. I hate that I had to bring you up here. Gross.