On the twelfth day of Geekmas, Chic Geek Daily Gave to Thee…
Twelve Korean Kids Singing David Bowie’s Space Oddity.
Check out the Previous Geekmas Post for days 1 through 11!
Be sure to follow me on Twitter, @ChicGeekDaily !
I am slightly sad we didn’t see a glimmer of Smaug even though I knew full well he wouldn’t be in the first part of the Hobbit. That being said, I don’t want to admit to the amount of times I’ve watched that trailer…and have subsequently gotten my coworkers to do the same.
On to Pop Bytes!
* Daniel Radcliffe, also known as Entertainment Weekly’s Entertainer of the Year, will be hosting SNL in January. The musical guest will be Lana Del Rey. I have no idea who that is. Radcliffe is the first of the Holy Harry Potter trifecta to host the legendary skit show. Emma Watson of now modeling and acting fame has a fairly good chance for a future spot given her blossoming career. Not sure the same could be said for the rough looking ginger one at this point… [NYDailyNews]
* 1 million Avengers = No time for Diddlin’! Okay, there aren’t 1 million Avengers, but there are quite a few and when you write a script that pays specific attention to each that leaves little time for love makin’ on the side, according to writer Joss Whedon. So if you were planning on seeing the Black Widow and Hawk Eye get it on, keep dreaming. [Blastr]
* The trailer for 21 Jump Street is now online, though unlike the Hobbit trailer, I’m not sure too many people will be chomping at the bit to view it. Or watching it more than once. I too enjoyed the television show. When I was eleven.
* While we’re still working off that Hobbit mountain high, let me point out that Google Maps has a Middle Earth easter egg. If you haven’t already typed “Let it snow” into a google search bar, you should hop on that bandwagon, too. [BuzzFeed]
* Can’t get enough Batman buzz? Well, a new trailer has been released to help ease – or worsen – your addiction. [Apple Trailers]
* His belly shakes like a bowl of jelly. His beard is as white as the snow. He’s got a twinkle in his eye and a button red nose. And, apparently, Santa also has a boner for suuuuuuuuper slutty teenage girls. I guess it also burns when he pees now, huh? [BuzzFeed]
* A replicator would be great, but just working on the Enterprise for the United Federation of Planets would be tops!…But, then, I’d still probably be an admin, and I bet even in space that post ain’t a glamorous one. With the iPad 2 we’re all ready ahead of the tablets that the Starfleet crew used and Apple is bringing us closer to holographic messages day by day. Still, there are other awesome gadgets we thought we’d have by now that just aren’t a reality. [Tecca]
* Speaking of Star Trek, the 398,000th rumor to hit the news is that the sequel will have a little Capt. Pike action in it. There have been so many even “confirmed” rumors that have been squashed at this point. Though I’d be thrilled for his inclusion, I will take this with a grain of salt. [Blastr]
* And, finally, Spoke Art has released Star Wars ninja prints. And I want them all! [MTV Geek]
On the 7th day of Geekmas, Chic Geek Daily Gave to Thee…
Seven minutes in Heaven.
On the Sixth Day of Geekmas, Chic Geek Daily Gave to Thee…
Six Evil Ninja Jedi’s.
On the fifth day of Geekmas, Chic Geek Daily Gave to Thee…
Five misfit Toys! (Okay, there’s more than 5, but those are just bonuses.)
On the fourth day of Christmas, Chic Geek Daily gave to thee…
Four Ewoks hiding in amongst the trees [TheDailyWhat]:
On the third day of Geekmas, Chic Geek recommended to thee…
Three Maru’s in the mirror. Watch out – He’ll cut you!
On the Second Day of Geekmas Chic Geek endorsed to thee…
Two Wookie mating calls done on TV.
On the First Day of Geekmas Chic Geek endorsed to thee…nothing. Because I wasn’t on the ball. But here’s this to make up for it.
One Bird singing the Mario Brothers Theme.