star wars live action
* Remember that time that William Shatner said that Star Trek was way more popular that Star Wars. And then Carrie Fisher told him he was out of his ego maniacal mind and stated that Star Wars was, in fact, better? And then George Takei tried to make peace by awesomely stating that they should join forces and both fight against those craptacular Twilight films? Well, Shatner has now created a response to dear, sweet Takei. Let’s watch!
* DrFaustusAU of Deviant art created works depicting Seuss inspired Batman comics. A beautiful, perfect mashup. Each shows an easily recognizable Batman character in an undeniable Seuss style. [BuzzFeed]
* Robot Chicken will be airing its 100th episode this week. To celebrate they’ve set up a live webcam where fans can watch the actions of a robot and a chicken in a wee little hotel room. It’s a real robot and real chicken. And it’s adorable. [RobotChicken]
*Want to see a super bizarre animated Czech version of the Hobbit? Okay! [Blastr]
* Eight new stills from the upcoming Hunger Games movie have hit the internet to feed the over excited spoiler beast that dwells within all of us. [DenOfGeek]
* It’s no secret that I’m a huge Sherlock fan. And not just ’cause I’m chubby, I mean I really love Sherlock. So, I’m over the moon that the spectacular, gripping, and beautifully shot drama has been signed to a third series! I just wish it aired sooner in the States. BBC1 is currentlyairing Sherlock series 2 over in the UK, but it won’t air here until May. It will be on PBS, though, so even I, a fan without cable, will be able to catch it. [Zap2It]
* Parks and Rec just got even cooler: Paul Rudd will be playing Leslie Knope’s city council opponent on upcoming episodes! Rudd has perfect timeing, an excellent knack for improv, and I’m really looking forward to seeing him bounce off Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman. Actually, I’m pretty sure that if SNL wanted to throw together a skit of just Rudd and “Ron Swanson” Offerman it would be a viral hit in no time. Just when I thought I couldn’t get more addicted to this show… [NYMag]
* Love Downton Abbey? Perhaps it’s because there’s something familiar about it. And it seems even Hollywood isn’t immune to the harsh economic times. In a recent interview with the Daily Mail, it was stated that roughly 60% of Downton‘s costumes are recycled from other shows and movies. Even still, many of the dresses and costumes have been adapted and are barely recognizable from their previous turns on screen. If I were an actress I’d find it extra thrilling, having a bit of vintage and historical movie magic in the dresses I got to wear each day. Of course, I’d probably be so light headed from starving myself to fit into said dress that I wouldn’t even be able to remember my own name let alone be excited about who might have worn my outfit previously… [DailyMail]
* They’ve finally made it: An Alien vs. Predator chess set. In sharp detail and color, and even some almost clear pieces for the Predator’s side, the board was created by Deviant Artist Joker Laugh. Don’t act like you don’t want it. [iO9]
* The new season of East Bound and Down hits Sunday, February 19th. Here’s a trailer to tease us until then.
* Star Wars: Underworld. I’m not crazy about the name. Underworld is just to reminiscent of those terrible Kate Beckinsale movies that are forever needlessly in theaters. But this is the titled rumored for the Star Wars live-action series. In an interview with IGN George Lucas stated that this series would take place between Episode Puke – I mean, Episode Three and what we purists know as Star Wars, i.e. Episode four. [Blastr]
* Jeff Tweedy’s kids are growing up and to prove it, his eldest son made a music video…for his dad’s band. Spencer Tweedy created the video for Wilco’s song “Whole Love”. [StereoGum]