Tomorrow I’ll be attempting Fish & Chips over Sherlock.
Today, it’s Pop Day.
*JK Rowling has yet to put down her pen. It’s not all teenagers and inappropriate wand use this time around, however, as the Novelist will be writing specifically for adults. Most of the fans of Harry Potter that I know are well older than 18 years of age, so I’m very excited to read what mature further adventures. [PublishersWeekly]
* Speaking of SNL, for the first time since I can remember the musical guest will actually be way cooler than the celebrity host: Jack White will be playing while Lindsey Lohan is “acting”. Not exactly sure why Lorne Micheals would have her on; between her million arrests and Playboy cover she hasn’t been able to get any actual movie work in a long, long time. [TheHollywoodReporter]
* Hey! You know who’s cooler than you? Stephen Hawking. I mean that goes without saying to begin with, but when was the last time you had to members of the opposite sex gyrating good times all over your person? [RadarOnline]
* Remember when George on Seinfeld wanted to be called T-Bone? Remember how he worked for Mr. Kruger at the time? Actor Daniel von Bargen, who played Kruger on the incredibly successful sitcom, attempted suicide earlier this week by shooting himself in the head. According to the 911 dispatch call, Bargen attempted suicide after becoming distraught over possibility of having toes amputated due to diabetes complications. He has survived the shooting, however, is in critical condition. [NYDailyNews]
* Last year I had friends over for an Oscar watch party and I made Oscar themed cupcakes. There was a funfetti style for The Social Network, a cupcake cut apart into pieces and layers and put back together with icing for Inception, a dark chocolate cake and ultra pure white icing for Black Swan, the list goes on. This year I’m having friends over, but I couldn’t care less about any of the movies up for awards. No film really blew my skirt up this year and any of the ones that came close weren’t even nominated. The Academy really screwed up this year, but sports fans have their Super Bowl and ladies have their Oscars. So one dedicated fan decided to make 2012 Oscar Nominee inspired hotdogs. And I’m so starving from being on freakin’ Weight Watchers points that I’d eat them all. Right now. [BuzzFeed]
* Speaking of crap that you can eat, YumSugar has a Girl Scout cookie quiz. Think you know ’em? Take the test and find out. Me, I can’t. Even answering questions about cookies will add fat to my ass. [YumSugar]
* And, finally, I can sing every word of the soundtrack and I can recite every word of the script. I make constant references to this movie, primarily in terms of David Bowie’s package (you should now know what I’m talking about if you read this blog regularly), and I even know which voice actors did which character in this and everything else Jim Henson. So let’s watch Jennifer Connelly’s audition for the lead character of Sarah, shall we? [DangerousMinds]
This entry was posted in Art, Comedy, Entertainment, Humor, news, Politics, Pop Culture, Uncategorized and tagged academy awards, girl scout cookies, jennifer connelly, jk rowling, labyrinth, new novel, oscars, seinfeld, sex, snl, stefon, stephen hawking, suicide.