* “Hello, Sweetie.” And I’m still freaking out about the Doctor Who video game. How good could it possibly be? Do I care if it’s not any good? I just want it NOW! New info: You get to be Dr. Riversong, or Melody Pond as it were. You have to have a PS3 or a PC to play it; XBox and Wii are left out of play time.
* Marky Ramone’s leather jacket is up for auction! This is an incredible, almost unbelievable item – especially since Marky says it’s not his. [WSJ]
* You know what’s GREAT? BBC’s Sherlock! You know what is proven time and time again to be completely shitty? The American studio mania over remaking that which the British already does well. CBS thinks it’s going to remake Sherlock. My personal thoughts on this are “Screw you, CBS,” – but I am not alone! Producers of the BBC program had been asked for American licensing, and , because they’re not stupid, they turned CBS down for the request. Now they are planning on moving forward to sue the Columbia Broadcasting System if the American Sherlock in any way resembles the BBC one. Why can’t we just embrace BBC America with open arms, people?! [Blastr]
* Humans aren’t the only mammals who hate paparazzi. Extremely rare and uncommonly photographed, a couple of snow leopards in the wilds of Tajikistan decided to steal one of eleven cameras setup to document the elusive cat. It’s nice to see a species on earth who isn’t an attention whore. [Inquistr]
Photo Credit Inquistr
* Speaking of attention whores, Miley Cyrus is an idiot who couldn’t scream louder for attention if she tried.
* Zachary Quinto told E! that he would like to return to American Horror Story. Personally, I believe that thicked-haired hunk of man meat needs to keep focus and his eyes on the prize: The Star Trek sequel. Once that’s squared away, then I will allow him to have outside interests. [E!]
* Speaking of Star Trek, a man who spent
waaaaay too much time and energy Almost $160,000 on turning a 500-square-foot apartment into a TNG version Enterprise is – shocker! – being divorced by his wife. This isn’t the heart breaking part. The heart break is the fact that the custom decor must be completely torn down, because it’s his wife who owns and pays the mortgage for his little obsession is no longer supporting a deadbeat man-child. I mean, she needs to move on. And that’s coming from someone who would love a TNG apartment. [Blastr]
* Ricky Gervais can’t get enough work these days. His Science channel series (Yes, Gervais and the Science Channel are working together), An Idiot Abroad 2: The Bucket List, is doing exceptionally well. Haven’t heard of it before? You’re not alone, but numbers on proving that the show is catching on fast. You can watch it on Saturdays, 10pm eastern. Me? I just really want to see Life’s Too Short. [TheHollywoodReporter]
* I happen to love Louis C. K., both the man and his show. People magazine, however, has writers on staff who very obviously have no clue what their subject matter is. And, one of the first rules of writing is if you don’t know anything about it, don’t write it. That is the worst description of everything Louie that I’ve ever read. [People]
* And, it’s finally happened: For the first time in Disney’s history, employees are finally allowed to sport facial hair. Never mind the fact that Walt himself had that rather prolific mustache, apparently he was a total dick about everyone else getting to sport some manly fuzz. [CBSNews]
Photo Credit WeHeartIt
* Friends With Kids: Two friends decide they each want to have a kid. They’re good buds, so why not have kid together? Aaaaaaand hilarity ensues. How could it not with when the leading roles go to Kristen Wiig, Jon Hamm, Maya Rudolph, and that bobble headed guy from Party Down and Parks and Rec? Yeah, this is going to be adorable. I’m used to see Kristen Wiig as ridiculously hysterical, even at the risk of her own dignity. Am I ready to see her as romantically cute? Hmm, YES. Check out the trailer below.
* OhMyGod, I DON’T CARE: Pirates of the Caribbean part FIVE is coming out and no one can stop it. It’s like Rocky all over again. [Blastr]
* I am a Geek, but, more importantly, I am a Lady Geek (Go ahead, say “Lady” like that skit from Little Britain, you know you want to). So, I’m not a huge fan of Big Bang Theory. It’s hard for me to get into many sitcoms because, for starters, the laugh track is a slap in the face. Is that supposed to make me feel like I’m watching a show with friends? Is it telling me when I’m supposed to be finding something funny? Whatever, it’s crap. But on top of that, the nerd references are repetitive even for me and women have no value on that show. I’m no feminist, but I can stand on my own. I contribute more than just being a mere set of tits, but in Big Bang women do not. And I’m not the only one that feels this show is just not as cool as it could be, as noted in the list from Digg. According to Patrick D., a friend and fan of Big Bang, missing from this list is the fact that everyone is dressed identically from episode to episode, such as Leonard’s ever present green jacket and the constant long sleeve-shirt-under-teeshirt style of Sheldon and, frankly, that’s just stale. Sorry, Patrick. [Digg]
* Wes Anderson is at it again. Another visual feast is apon us in Moonrise Kingdom. Even present Bill Murray has a role, as usual, but the stars are two relatively unknown kids trying to find a place where they belong. Bruce Willis and Edward Norton also join the cast along with Frances McDormand of Fargo fame. I love Wes Anderson’s works and even had a Wes Anderson birthday bash this past May. It was quite possibly the whitest thing I’d ever done, but the costumes were incredible. See them at the end of this post. Right now, watch the trailer for Moonrise Kingdom.
* My heart is splintered into shards of love for many different stories, one of which is Beetlejuice. It’s greatness is such that I never really considered a sequel for it. It just seems unnecessary. Tim Burton, however, feels differently. And, let’s face it, if he came out with a Beetlejuice Part 2, I would be in line with millions of fans on opening day. There is no doubt in my mind if completed within the next couple of years, Michael Keaton could star again, no problem. [Blastr]
* Never have I been so excited about finance as right now: FILMDetail has a photo of the original Star Wars budget break down! Here’s what I see: This was probable the first and LAST time Fox agreed to take a mere 60% of profits. It super pays to be a producer, as their cut was 40% of the profits made from Star Wars. Alec Guinness was considered a producer as well actor on the film, by the way. Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill made 1/4% (yes, .25%) of the profits, where as sweet as Han Solo made 2/3%. Actors don’t make money off films like they used to unless they can really command it. Even still, the three main stars of the eight Harry Potter films got to experience the magic of profit sharing on top of their incredible salaries. Though an exact percentage wasn’t stated, on January 5th of this year Radcliffe told Parade “I got paid so well for doing the Harry Potter films, it’s ridiculous. If somebody asked me, ‘Did you think you deserve that money?’ No, of course I didn’t…I happened to have found this industry where people get paid stupid amounts of money. That’s the reality.” Speaks true even for the original Star Wars films. [FILMDetail]
Photo Credit FILMDetail
* Can they do that? The Velvet Underground is suing the Andy Warhol Foundation for using the Banana Andy Warhol painted that the Underground used for an album cover. Huh? [NYPost]
* Tim and Eric, of Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, have created their second Old Spice commercial. As Old Spice’s campaign features relatively attractive men, neither Tim nor Eric star in their ad. [BuzzFeed]
* Spoiler Alert! Blastr has a pic of the rumored bad aliens from Prometheus. Don’t want to see it? Then you better not look directly beneath this sentence. [Blastr]
Christopher in Zissou Pajamas holding a Crayon Pony Fish specimen
Sarah (wooden finger not shown, but was part of her costume) and Brandy as Margo & Richie.