Let’s do this. And then let’s get some sushi.
*Shamrock shakes are back at McDonald’s and are now available at every location. Run out and get one, and get fat…ter. According to USA Today
“The Shamrock Shake weighs in at 540 calories and 16 grams of fat for a small, or 840 calories and 24 grams of fat for a large…”
Awesome. [USA Today]
* A daughter wasn’t supposed to use Facebook and she certainly wasn’t supposed to talk shit about her father while using the social networking site. What’s a parent to do? Well, according to her father, Tommy Jordan, the answer is to murder the laptop. But before you go believing he’s an abusive mad man, Jordan makes an 8 minute video case to his daughter explaining the actions – and where she went wrong. There’s a difference between freedom of speech and a punk, spoiled brat. I’m all for tough love. Unless the daughter worked a part time after school job to purchase that laptop herself, I certainly don’t feel this is any form of abuse. She broke the rules, and I know that if my parents merely took my laptop away and hid it, that I would find it. Nice. [MSNBC]
* So, a few months ago, somebody posted on a Civil War era photo on eBay. The seller pointed out how much the gentleman in said photo resembled Nicholas Cage…and then speculated on the possibility that Cage was, in fact, a vampire. Because apparently vampires can either have sparkly skin or a massively receding hairline. Anyway, in an attempt to stay relevant, Cage brought up this photo while on The Late Show with David Letterman last night. And, no, starring in the next skull-on-fire movie thing isn’t keeping him relevant. [Blastr]
* Every Best Of… List always lacks something, and this tournament for the Best Sitcom Episode Ever is no different. Splitsider is giving fans the opportunity to vote for their favorite of all time, but be prepared to be disappointed. Also, be prepared to totally want to go watch some 80’s and 90’s tv after reading through their list – ooooh, Marge vs The Monorail – Classic! [Splitsider]
* Amy and Rory are leaving us. It’s not up for discussions; it simply has to be accepted. But I am not up for Moffat to tease us with the possibility of a new sidekick. I really liked Rory and Amy, just as I really liked Rose Tyler. If he continues to go through companions like popcorn, we’re going to have to change the The Doctor’s name to the Space Whore. In regards to the Doctor’s 50th anniversary Moffat states “There will be shocks, surprises and heartbreak—the Doctor is about to say goodbye to his very best friends, Amy and Rory…And then he’s about to say hello to someone very different.” Oh, Moffat. This I don’t need. [Blastr]
* I don’t need any more of a complex. I am a chubby-lady-geek. I wear that badge with pride and a crap ton of girly insecurity. It’s what I do, it’s my thing. So, the dude who totally photoshopped classic works of art to have the women featured appear thinner as today’s standards? Oh, he is just begging for me to key his car. Which I imagine is a Douche Mobile. [The Gloss]
* I don’t want an XBox 360. I don’t. I mean, a PS3 makes much more sense…So stop trying to woo me, Lucas Arts! A c3po/Artoo special edition Kinect?! EVIL! [MTV Geek]
* Speaking of Star Wars, a dude made a custom Millennium Falcon guitar. It totally shreds and dodges asteroids. But the coolest thing about it? The little bit are R2-D2 detailin’. Bad Ass to the max! [GeekIsAwesome]
* And, finally, this happened:
Photo credit Blastr
Thank you, and good night!
Be sure to follow me on Twitter @ChicGeekDaily !
* Want to see the Hobbit trailer? Then you’ll have to see Tin Tin. Most people will not find this a hard thing to do, as Tin Tin is sure to do gang busters at the box office. Peter Jackson, director of the Hobbit, is also the producer of Tin Tin, so…no conflict of interest there. [Blastr]
* Stars Wars meets Garbage Pail Kids in a new art piece to hit the internet. The artist did a similar work titled Hand Solo, but as inappropriate pictures of a sexual nature are not allowed on the internet, it was quickly removed. [Buzz Feed]
* In other Star Wars news, over 15,000 citizens of the Czech Republic are followers of the religion Knights of Jedi, which is slightly less than the 390,000 Britons who claimed to worship in 2001. You read that figure correctly. According to its doctrine, the belief system revolves around the worship and acceptance of “…an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together.” This now joins the ranks of other Fake Bullshit Turned Religious groups, though at least it’s more credible and less sexually disturbing than it’s colleagues, the Mormon Church and the Church of Scientology. [Huffington Post]
* Disney has gone Steampunk! I love the Steampunk style, I really do. All that leather and brass, there’s something very 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea – esque about it all and I love it. Do I dress that way? Nope, not at all, not at home, not out and about, not on a train or in a plane. But I do love the look. These depictions have garnered far more interest than when Wembly of the Fraggles went Goth. [Walyou]
* Blastr has compiled a list of the 40 most perfect final frames of classic movies. I could definitely widdle this list down even further, but I love that someone created this. It’s posts like this one that is precisely why the internet was created. Well, this and porn. [Blastr]
* This past weekend’s Saturday Night Live, hosted by Jimmy Fallon was easily the funniest of the season and I’m not the only one who thinks so: Fallon’s SNL earned NBC their highest ratings in months. [Deadline]
* Draw2d2 artists put together depictions of Marvel characters as the star of notable scenes from A Christmas Story. All are very well done, my favorite being Wolverine’s tongue stuck to…well, you’ll just have to see for yourself. [Buzz Feed]
* Like poor Yorick, Amy and Rory will leave us far too soon, leaving us with memories of adventure and heartache. At the premiere of the Doctor Who Christmas Special, Writer and Executive Producer Steven Moffat acknowledged their characters cut with the series early next season saying, “The final days of the Ponds are coming. I’m not telling you when or how, but that story is going to come to a heartbreaking end.” This is something I’m not looking forward to witnessing. [MTV Geek]
* More Doctor news reveals 9 new stills from the Christmas Special. Couldn’t have cared less for last year’s and simple cannot wait for this year’s! See all of them at Blastr. They’re noted as “spoilers”, but trust me, no one has any idea what’s going on in these. [Blastr]
* A man named Pat Vaillancourt has won the record of the most URL addresses tattooed on his body. Of course he did. Because who else in the world would possibly want that title? [Walyou]
* And, finally, Kim Jong-Il is dead at the age of 69. It has not yet been stated why North Korea chose to wait two days to tell its citizens, but it is known that Jong-Il’s youngest son, Kim Jong Un, will be taking over. Believed to be roughly 27 years old, Jong Un is also the only chubby person in North Korea in light of Jong Il’s passing. The young dauphane will have quick the pair of ladies shoes to fill. [MSNBC]
* King Jong Il once attempted to solve his peoples’ starvation by breeding giant rabbits, but then the selfish, fat, psychopathic bastard decided to eat all the bunnies himself during a birthday celebration. Why end your people’s plight when you could have an awesome night of excess and debauchery instead? Gawker has more sick facts about the dead man in an article they’ve titled “Giant Rabbits and Double Rainbows. Awesome. [Gawker]
Let’s remember Jong Il in all his glory, shall we?
*MTV Geek has created a short catalog for the Star Wars geek on your holiday shopping list. I personally feel it’s missing a number of items, including the Death Star “Too Big to Fail” Keychain. Everyone needs that in their stocking! It’s been around for a while, but not enough people own the Interactive R2. I know, because I nor any of my friends have one of these darling, battery operated family additions, and my pals are so nerdy that one had a dream last night that we were all stuck in the world of Empire Strikes Back.
There’s Darth Vader in an Ugly Christmas Sweater and even a motorized AT-AT Walker for the purchaser who’s purse string know no bounds. I’m holder out on getting an AT-AT Walker until there’s one large enough for me to ride. This only just scratches the surface of Star Wars gifts, because, let’s face it, Star Wars is just as big as ever. Perhaps even more popular than it’s ever been. I’m sure you’ll see many more posts on star wars gifts as I find things that move me. Hey, have I ever shown you my Star Wars tattoo?
This is right after I got it, close to two years ago now. It is actually borderless, the dark outer edges were from the stencil put on my leg.
* In Uber Creepy News, someone over at MTV has compiled a list of “Famous Last Tweets”. It is exactly as it sounds: The last thing celebrities tweeted before their deaths. Ugh.
*Do you know Marcel? Marcel the Shell with Shoes on? I love him. I first saw him when Jenny Slate created him after getting kicked off of Saturday Night Live for saying “fuck” during a skit. She was horrified, everyone laughed, she finished the skit, and was shortly thereafter fired. I’m talking about Jenny, of course. Marcel wasn’t fired; that would be ridiculous. This is Marcel:
This makes my day every time I watch it. Anyway, he’s come out with a new video: Marcel 2. Enjoy.
* The next Star Trek will arrive in 2013. What are you more excited about: The second part of the Hobbit or Star Trek?
*I really don’t know who hires the writers at Blastr, but they need to be fired. The posts are riddled with grammatical errors and the pieces are simply not thought out well enough. In fact, I think most aren’t even written by real fans. This post is 11 Actors who should play Doctor Who in a Movie, written by someone who apparently has never gotten into Doctor Who – not just “watched”, I mean really gotten into. What are you, kidding?! This is awful. Jude Law?! He can suck it seven ways ’til Sunday. Natalie Portman?! Has the author even ever seen anything she’s been in?! And, just as a point of fact: An American Doctor would never be truly accepted. Not ever. Oh, this burns me up.
* This is the closest I’ll come to seeing the Twilight movies: staring at muppet parody posters.
*In more Star Wars news, iO9 has picked up on Lucas Films purchasing 3 rather curious domain names. Everything is speculation and no one is talking so we’ll just have to wait to see about this. If Skywalker Ranch wants to keep something private, they’re well versed in doing so. Blue Harvest.
* I don’t know how they’d do a Lego Movie per say, but I LOVE the video games, so I guess anything is possible. Seems like Hollywood is SERIOUSLY out of ideas, though (and has been for years).
* I’m all for the $99 Kindle Touch with Special Offers over the Nook $99 ereader. Yes, it’s annoying and complete bullshit that there are ads, but they only pop up at the bottom of the screen when you’re not reading and I just really prefer it’s look and interface. Above all, though, is Amazon’s far more extensive book selection. And they keep your junk on the Cloud. Boom.
* And finally I was forced by someone to watch The Menagerie episode of Star Trek TOS four times recently. When I wanted to find that person a Christmas gift (because in light of the repeated viewings I still love them), I had to look no further than Hallmark. Some weirdo there thought the horrible disfigured Capt. Pike would make an EXCELLENT ornament – his ‘lil red light even blinks!