You know how I feel about a new iPad: In short, I’m so in love with my Macbook Air, that I only have eyes for thee. That being said, new Apple announcements are always exciting. And besides, I may say I love it, but Polly really “loves” my Air.
I’m really hoping we hear something regarding Apple TV. It’s thanks to that ‘lil hockey-puck sized device that I was able to ditch cable for good. We even talked my retired parents into getting one (Incidentally, my mother couldn’t be more in love with her iPad 2 than she already is).
Regardless of your Apple device of pleasure, be aware that iOS 5.1 is available today, so make sure you get that update.
Enough chatter – What’s so special about the third generation of iPads? Plenty.
Photo Credit WSJ
There’s a reason no other tablet on the market can come close to competing with Apple’s iPad, but as far as the newest generations specs go, it offers…
- The newest iPad will be offered at the same starting price point, $499, as the previous models, and will be available next week (3/16)!
- According to GadgetLab, it will also be 4G LTE. Does that mean anything to you? Well, it doesn’t mean anything to 99% of the world’s population. Their statement on it is roughly “So, 4G LTE means it’s faster….?” Check out SNL’s take on it HERE.
- Super mega Retina display, better then flat screen tv’s. Of course. Seriously, I haven’t heard enough incredible things about it. For those who have seen it in person, it’s apparently beyond incredible.
- A better 5mpxl camera. Excellent, but I’d still rather take photos with my 4s than an iPad.
- An A5x quadcore chip means better and faster everything, with super speed and better graphics.
Is it worth it to upgrade if you already have an iPad 2? Eventually. Immediately? Only time will tell.